Resistomap's autumn webinar series has been focused on increasing awareness of antibiotic resistance by showcasing research and projects in various environments. Due to popular demand, we shifted towards a more practical focus this time around with the topic: “Monitoring antibiotic resistance: How to get started".
Throughout the past webinars we received many inquiries about the specific steps for using our service. This month we address all the questions by going into the details and specifics on how exactly to get started with monitoring antibiotic resistance using Resistomap.
Following a step-by-step checklist, our lab team streamed live from our laboratory in Helsinki and explained the whole process from receiving samples to accessing the results on the ResistApp dashboard.
• Services provided by Resistomap
• Experimental design (Customising the service to fit your objective, timeline, and budget)
• Required legalities (Documents and agreements, getting a quote, billing procedures)
Preparing the samples:
• Selecting antibiotic resistance genes to be analysed
• Sample specifics and advice (organising, quantities & qualities, packaging, and shipping)
• Tips on using dry ice
• Preview of ResistApp dashboard
Our lab process:
• Handling samples
• DNA extraction (automated by QIAcube)
• Measuring concentrations
• Primer storage and customisation
• SmartChip qPCR
Towards the end of the webinar, there was a Q&A session where participants could ask more additional questions about Resistomap’s laboratory and analysis service.
If you would like to review the webinar discussed here for yourself, a recording is available here!