We are looking for a resourceful developer with a passion for complex data and visualisation. Resistomap is a thriving, multicultural startup that fights the silent pandemic of antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic resistance is already a huge issue with deadly consequences in many countries and it is spreading fast all over the world. We offer a pioneering laboratory service and platform that allows academia, hospitals and cities around the world to monitor, understand, and combat the spread.
Join our multicultural team in the fight against antibiotic resistant bacteria and take our resistance monitoring platform to the next level!
As the Lead Software Engineer, you get to lead the development of Resistomap’s SaaS platform for antibiotic resistance monitoring. You will work closely with world's top experts on antibiotic resistance, and external PM and UX experts. Your first tasks will be to design and implement novel views and visualisations that are geared towards decision makers in hospitals, governments, and water utilities. Depending on your experience and aspirations, there is a possibility to progress into a CTO role.
Useful experience and characteristics
- Passion for writing well structured and tested software
- Experience with complex data and data analysis
- Creativity with data visualisation
- Strong sense of priority, especially wrt. technical solutions and trade-offs
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably with Typescript, React, Node.js, PostgreSQL and Python
- Experience with product ownership (plus)
- Experience with managing contractors (plus)
We are based in Helsinki (Viikki) and work partly remotely. We offer competitive compensation, with possibility for stock options. If you believe you are right for this role and are excited to hop on a growing startup on a meaningful mission, do send us your application!
We review applications on a weekly basis and the role will be filled as soon as the right person is found.
Applications and questions: email@example.com