We are looking for a resourceful developer with a passion for creating novel data visualisations.
Resistomap is a thriving startup that fights the deadly antibiotic resistance pandemic. Antibiotic resistance is already a huge issue in many countries and resistance is silently spreading all over the world. We offer a pioneering laboratory service and platform that allows academia, hospitals and cities around the world to monitor, understand, and combat the spread.
Join our multicultural team in the fight against antibiotic resistant bacteria and take humankind’s understanding of the spread of antibiotic resistance to the next level!
As our first senior developer, you’d assume the primary responsibility in developing Resistomap’s SaaS platform for antibiotic resistance monitoring. The platform is still in its early stages, so many of our projects offer a green field for establishing best practice, setting up platform wide React architectures, and building new views into our data. You will work with world's top professors and experts on antibiotic resistance and external UX and design experts. Your first tasks will be to design and implement novel views and visualizations that are geared towards decision makers in city administration, hospitals, water utility companies.
Useful experience and characteristics
- Passion for writing well structured and tested software
- Experience with presenting complex or scientific data in an understandable ways
- Creativity with data visualisation
- Strong sense of priority, especially wrt. technical solutions and trade-offs
- 5+ years experience with React, preferably with Typescript
- Experience with UX and/or UI design (plus)
- Full-stack and backend experience with Node.js, PostgreSQL and python (plus)
- Experience with dna, genetic data, and/or molecular microbiology (plus)
We are based in Helsinki (Vallila) and work partly remotely.
We offer competitive compensation with a customizable split between salary and stock options.
If you believe you are right for this role and are excited to hop on a growing startup on a meaningful mission, do send us your application!
We review applications on a weekly basis and the role will be filled as soon as the right person is found.
Applications and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org